Mould in bathrooms can be bad for your health in many ways. Mould releases spores into the air that can be dangerous if you breathe them in or touch them on your skin. Here are some health issues that might be linked to bathroom mould:
Problems with breathing: It is possible for mould germs to really bother your lungs. People who have asthma, allergies, or other breathing problems may have worse symptoms when they are around mould. Mould exposure is often linked to breathing problems like coughing, asthma, sore throats, and stuffy noses.
Allergic responses: Mould is a common allergen, and some people can have allergic responses when they are exposed to it. Some signs are coughing, a stuffy or runny nose, itchy or watery eyes, and rashes on the skin. Some people may be more aware of mould in their surroundings if they are allergic to it.
Infections: Mycotoxins, which are made by some types of mould, can be dangerous to people. If you are exposed to these mycotoxins for a long time, you could get respiratory or systemic illnesses. Even though these infections are rare, people with weak immune systems, breathing problems, or other health problems may be more likely to get them.
Aggravation of Existing Conditions: Being exposed to mould can make health problems worse that are already there. For instance, people who have chronic asthma or bronchitis may find that mould makes their symptoms worse.
Itchy Skin: Coming into direct touch with mould or surfaces that are infested with mould can irritate the skin. This could show up as heat, itching, or a rash. It is very important not to touch or handle mould without the right gear.
If you want to keep bathroom mould from being harmful to your health, you need to get rid of the things that cause it and stop it from growing again. This means keeping the bathroom well-ventilated, fixing leaks right away, and cleaning and checking areas that are likely to grow mould, like shower curtains, tiles, and grout, on a regular basis. If there is a big mould problem, it may be necessary to get rid of it completely by hiring a professional. People who have long-lasting health problems after being exposed to mould should talk to a doctor or nurse for help and the right treatment.