Carpet cleaning is an important part of maintaining a healthy and clean home. Regular carpet cleaning not only improves the look of your carpets but also helps to reduce allergens and dust mites, which can cause health problems for people with allergies or asthma. It can also help to increase the life of your carpets by preventing the build-up of dirt and debris that can damage the fibres over time. Additionally, regular carpet cleaning can help to extend the life of your furniture since dirt and debris can accumulate on furniture and can cause wear and tear. Carpets Cleaned..
Importance of Professional Carpet Cleaning
Professional residential carpet cleaning is vital for a variety of reasons. Regular cleaning can extend the life of carpets, remove allergens and pollutants from the air, and help maintain a healthy home. Professional cleaning can also help to remove stubborn dirt and stains that would otherwise be difficult to remove with regular vacuuming. Additionally, it can help to prevent the growth of mould, mildew, and bacteria, as well as eliminate odours. Finally, a professional cleaning can improve the appearance of carpets, making them look and feel new again.
How Is Professional Carpet Cleaning Different?
Professional carpet cleaning is different from regular cleaning because it goes deeper into the fibres of the carpet to remove dirt, stains, and allergens. Professional cleaners use specialised equipment and cleaning solutions that are stronger and more effective than what is available for home use. Professional cleaners also use specialised methods to ensure that the carpet dries quickly and is left in the best condition possible. These methods often include steam cleaning, shampooing, and hot water extraction.
How Often Should You Have Your Carpets Cleaned?
It is recommended to have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12-18 months to maintain optimal cleanliness. Additionally, it is recommended to vacuum your carpets once a week to maintain cleanliness between professional cleaning sessions. You should clean your carpets following the steps down below for a proper cleaning:
1. Vacuum your carpet thoroughly. Use a vacuum with a beater brush, and make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Vacuum the entire carpet in overlapping, crisscross patterns.
2. Spot-clean any stains with a carpet cleaner appropriate for the type of stain and fabric.
3. Make a homemade carpet cleaner by mixing together equal parts white vinegar and warm water.
4. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it onto the carpet.
5. Use a scrub brush to scrub the solution into the carpet.
6. Blot the area with a dry towel.
7. Let the area dry completely and vacuum it again to remove any remaining residue.