The presence of rats and mice (collectively known as rodents) in and around homes and structures is considerably unwelcome, given their potential to cause physical damage, spoil food, and introduce contamination. Moreover, in cases of rodent infestations, the risk of disease transmission to humans becomes a concern. Generally, rats and mice are found inhabiting roof voids, wall cavities, subfloors, areas beneath furniture, and outdoor gardens.
Rodents leave behind discernible clues indicating their presence. Some of these indicators encompass:
- Rodent droppings
- Gnaw marks
- Tracks and trails
- Urine stains
- Depletion or damage to food supplies
- Audible sounds like bumps, squeaks, gnawing, and scratching
- Unpleasant odours
- Visual sightings
When addressing rodent treatment, our pest control specialists initiate the process by conducting a comprehensive examination. This inspection is aimed at uncovering signs of ongoing rodent activity. It aids in identifying entry points and areas where rodents might be taking shelter, thereby enabling us to effectively target our pest control strategies. Following this assessment, we strategically position lockable baiting stations in these identified locations.
Our rodent treatment includes the installation of lockable stations, these lockable are designed to prevent access by children and animals, ensuring the enclosed poisonous bait remains secure. Rodents will enter the baiting stations and consume the bait within.
Tips for reducing the Rodents and Mice in your home:
- Seal any gaps in walls and around pipes.
- Secure ventilation holes and drainpipes with mesh.
- Use draft excluders on the bottoms of external doors.
- Maintain a clean and as far as is reasonably practical, clutter free property
- Keep food in sealed containers.
- Clear away pet food bowls after use.
- Dispose of rubbish and clean up any spillages.
- Keep bin lids closed.
- Stay on top of your garden and lawn maintenance.
Clear up any fallen fruit and leftover bird food from your garden.